Sunday, February 27, 2011

We have a real bed!!

Furniture Update: After out inflatable mattress died, we very carefully choose the busiest possible moment of traffic in Managua (Friday evening, during the beginning of the annual motorcycle rally and ride from Managua to San Juan del Sur) to strap the box springs and mattress of a bed from my work's guest house to the top of our office car (a sedan) ... with my jump rope ... And by strap down, I mean I held one side of the jump rope and my co-worker held the other side of the jump rope while Gustavo sat in the middle saying "Vroom Vroom" to all of the motorcycles as we drove 5km through packed traffic and hundreds of motorcycles.

What is most perplexing (especially if you have read my earlier post about driving in Managua), we passed 8 policemen who did not bat an eye. Also there was no more honking than usual. So strange....

2 comments:

  1. No sé que me gusta mas... los "Vroom Vroom"s de Gustavo (obviamente integro al exito de la aventura) o que nadie se haya molestado mas de lo normal... Me alegro que tengan cama y que esten compartiendo como familia las aventuras en Nicaragua. Abrazo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. R would like credit for successfully driving around the thousands of pot holes and speed bumps (yes on main streets) that make up Managua streets to get our bed home! Thanks honey!

    ReplyDelete